February 27 Fifth Grade Talent Show Dress Rehearsals
March 6 Fifth Grade Talent Show Dress Rehearsals
March 8 Chatham Park Pasta Dance
March 15 Science Fair
March 15 Deadline for Yearbook Orders
March 20 Fifth Grade Talent Show Dress Rehearsal
March 25 Talent Show Dress Rehearsal @ high school 6 pm-8 pm
March 31 Chatham Park Talent Show at the high school
May 18 Maniac Magee and Mayfair
Family Pasta Dance
The event will be from 6-8pm on Friday, March 8. All Chatham Park families are welcome!
The Pasta Dinner Dance is a Chatham Park community event hosted by HASA to bring families together outside of school. There will be catered pasta dinner, deserts and dancing. The cost is 20.00 per family or 5.00 per per person whichever is less. Tickets can be purchased in advance by sending in the CHATHAM PARK PASTA DINNER DANCE – Google Docs to school or at the door the night of the event.
Order forms for the 5th grade yearbook should have gone home with all 5th graders earlier this month. If you do not have a form, you can access it here: 5th Grade Yearbook order form(1). Please turn the form in along with payment to your child’s homeroom teacher no later than March 15th. Any questions, contact chathaparkyearbook2019@gmail.
13th Annual Chatham Park Talent Show
Practice Date Change: 5th Grade Talent Show Finale
Due to the 1/2 day, the 5th Grade Talent Show Finale practice has changed from the 13th to the 20th!
Practice Dates: February 27, March 6, March 20 from 3:30 – 5 pm at Chatham Park
18th Annual SCIENCE FAIR at Chatham Park (March 15, 2019)
COME to LEARN some SCIENCE!!! View over 50 Projects presented by over 100 students.
POSTER and Program DESIGN CONTEST: Winners will be announced next week in school!!
- POSTERS Friday, February 22, 2019 – Students should have received their tri-fold posters last Friday. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your students group did not receive one.
- T-SHIRTS –
- POSTER SET UP Thursday, March 14 (6:30 – 7 p.m.) and Friday, March 15 (8:30 – 8:45 a.m.)
- SCIENCE FAIR Friday, March 15, 2019 – 7-9 p.m.
REQUEST FOR JUDGES: Seeking science-minded individuals who would like to like to judge at the March 15th Science Fair. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
Refreshments needed for Science Fair – March 15th
We’re asking all participants of this year’s Science Fair to please contribute some snacks or drinks. This is a well-attended event and the kids (and siblings and parents) sure do enjoy the treats! We’ve set up aSign-Up Genius with suggestions, but please feel free to bring whatever is easiest for you. Thank you!
Running Club RUNNER REGISTRATION is now LIVE!!!
- Participation is Free of Charge. We ask you to please make sure your child has a genuine interest to participate.
- For 4th & 5th grades, Running Club has once again collaborated with School Track so kids can choose Running Club OR Chatham Track… or BOTH.
- We have a few groups that are still recrtuiting or finalizing a coach. THESE GROUPS ARE MARKED …. (TBT). We are making every effort to not turn anyone away. To help us gauge runner interest as we wrap these groups up, we are collecting potential runner information. Of note, if you would like to coach (or know someone interested) please notify organizers.
- Wednesday March 6, 2019 – Deadline to Register Runners (Groups will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.)
- Wednesday March 20, 2019 – Coaches will be in touch with Runners
- March 25, 2019 – Running Clubs Begin
- May 16, 2019 – Running Clubs Conclude
- May 18, 2019 – 21st annual MANIAC MAGEE
The 21st Annual Maniac Magee 2 mile run and 1 mile walk will be May 18th this year. More details to follow in the upcoming weeks about this event and fun changes to the event. We are looking for volunteers to make this event a huge success and a shadow for Tina Shelton. Tina helps with coordinating the event and helps with the recruitment of sponsors for the event. If you are interested in being a shadow for Tina Shelton or volunteering in any capacity, please email Erin Cianciarulo at chathamparkmaniacmagee@gmail.
Open HASA Positions looking for volunteers:
Positions Open for 2019-2020 School year
Vice President of HASA
Treasurer of HASA
School Supply Coordinator: Coordinating sale and delivery of school supplies for the first day of school with 1st Day School Supply Company. Please let us know if you are interested and we can put you in contact with this year’s chair to get details.
We also have several volunteer opportunities still open. Please take a look and consider donating some time! :
Book Fair Shadows – The Book Fair is an annual event in the fall that requires coordination with Scholastic Books and the school to sell books to the children in the library, during a family night event, and online. Traditionally it’s been a one person chair, but as the responsibilities of the book fair have increased there should be two to three people organizing this event in the future. Please contact Beth Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss.
Art Volunteers: work with Mrs. Cohen (art teacher) to display the children’s beautiful artwork throughout Chatham Park Hallways
Fifth Grade Awards Reception: (typically 4th grade parent) Plans and coordinates a reception for 5th students and parents/guardians, immediately following the awards ceremony. All dietary needs should be kept in consideration while planning this event. ( I.e. gluten, peanut, tree nut, red dye allergies etc.)
May Fair (shadows): May Fair is a day when the Chatham Park community comes together for a day of packed full of fun including: Games, food, entertainment and more! This would be a great opportunity to shadow the chairpersons! You can get the hands on experience assisting with the event while learning from those who have been running it! Definitely a great opportunity!!!
We’re looking for one or two more individuals to help round out the group (shadows for future takeover). We’ve a group of 7-8 right now and anyone interested in party planning, non profit fundraising, marketing, etc. welcome. Minimal fall effort with major planning to begin after Jan 1.