Chatham Park Welcome Family Program will pair existing Chatham Park families with incoming families to help new families become acquainted with the school and community. Host Families will be matched with new families over the summertime, but matches can occur throughout the year as well. Once matched, Host Families will be asked to:
- Reach out to the new family to exchange contact information and offer to be a resource for the new families
- Depending on comfort level, schedule a time to meet in person, virtually, or over the phone
- Offer tips and advice for new families prior to the new school year (see 2020 New Chatham Park Families for more information; a tip sheet will also be sent later this academic year)
- Remind new families to join grade-based Facebook groups and follow HASA Facebook page
- Check in with families at least two weeks prior to school starting
- Check in with families monthly to see if they need any additional information or have questions
- Address any other requests that arise
If you are interested in serving as a Host Family, please complete the Host Family Signup Form.
- May 15: Post opportunity on Facebook page, e-mail families, etc.
- June 1: Deadline for families to sign up to be host families
- June 11: Host Families matched with new families. E-mail sent to Host Families with new family information and tips sheet.
- Mid-July: Reminder sent to Host Families to contact new families
- Mid-August: Reminder send to Host Families to contact new families
It is our intention to match families within neighborhoods or in nearby neighborhoods. However, if there is a better way to match we can do so.